Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The Trill Is Back

I was slippin, I know.  The last two weeks I've been busy moving, transferring schools, and settling in to a new location, which is why the posting has been nonexistent.  I'll be moving back into the regular posting this week as things get back to normal.

On Sunday night, my university hosted something of a welcoming concert.  It was headlined by the Lifesavas from nearby Portland, Oregon.  A slough of opening acts preceded them, including a couple agonizingly cliche white rappers who were stuck in watered-down Sage Francis mode.  Once Lifesavas arrived, the crowd lit up and got into it.  Maybe it was just the contrast with the previous acts, but I came away feeling like the Lifesavas knew how to throw one of the best shows I've seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment